Whether it’s from pregnancy, aging, fluctuations in weight, or stubborn fat, diet and exercise are often not enough to lose excess weight and skin around the midsection. A tummy tuck is a highly customized procedure that can help tone, tighten, and reduce sagging skin and fat in the abdominal profile. Learn more about our tummy tuck Westchester procedures below.
Tummy Tuck Surgery(Abdominoplasty) in Westchester County NY
Tummy Tuck Benefits:
Improved abdominal tone: A tummy tuck can help tighten loose, sagging skin and weak muscles, resulting in a smoother, flatter abdominal area.
Removal of excess skin after significant weight loss or pregnancy: After considerable weight loss or pregnancy, excess skin may not shrink back to the body’s new shape. A tummy tuck can help to remove this excess skin.
Reduction of stretch marks: Depending on their location, stretch marks situated on the lower abdomen may be removed or improved during a tummy tuck procedure.
Enhanced body contour: By eliminating excess skin and fat, a tummy tuck can improve the body’s overall silhouette and lead to increased self-confidence.
Improved posture: By tightening the abdominal muscles, a tummy tuck can help to support the spine, which may lead to an improvement in posture and a reduction in certain types of back pain.
Request Your Appointment
Why & Who Gets a Tummy Tuck:
A tummy tuck, also known as abdominoplasty, is a type of cosmetic surgery procedure that improves the appearance of the abdomen. There are several reasons why someone might consider getting a tummy tuck, including:
- After pregnancy: Pregnancy can stretch the skin and abdominal muscles significantly, often leading to loose skin and weak muscles after giving birth. In some cases, diet and exercise are not sufficient to restore the abdomen’s previous appearance.
- After significant weight loss: Losing a large amount of weight can leave behind excess, saggy skin that doesn’t shrink back to fit the body’s new shape. A tummy tuck can help remove this excess skin and improve the body’s contour.
- Aging: As people age, the skin naturally loses elasticity, and fat can accumulate in the abdomen. A tummy tuck can help address these changes and give the abdomen a firmer, more youthful appearance.
- Heredity: Some people have a genetic predisposition towards accumulating fat in the belly area or have less elastic skin. Despite maintaining a healthy weight and exercise routine, they might still have a protruding abdomen or loose skin.
- To improve self-confidence: For some, having a flatter, firmer abdomen can lead to increased self-confidence and improved body image.
“Bellava has the best staff, very clean, comfortable and inviting environment. Do not question just go in. Super professional!”
– Carrel C.
What to expect after your Tummy Tuck Westchester Surgery:
Recovery from a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can vary depending on the extent of the surgery and individual health factors. Here is a general outline of what you might expect:
- Immediately after surgery: You’ll likely be in a recovery room where medical staff can monitor you as the anesthesia wears off. You may have dressings on your incisions, and a compression garment may be provided to minimize swelling and support your abdomen as it heals.
The first few days: You may experience pain, swelling, and bruising. Your doctor will likely prescribe pain medication to manage discomfort. It’s important to get up and walk around as soon as you’re able, even if it’s just a slow walk around your room, to prevent blood clots.
First week: Depending on your procedure’s extent, you may have drains placed under your skin to collect excess fluid. These are typically removed within a week. You’ll also likely be instructed to continue wearing the compression garment.
A few weeks after surgery: Swelling should begin to reduce, and you may start feeling more like yourself. It’s still important to avoid strenuous activity or heavy lifting, but most people can return to work (if it’s not physically demanding) and daily activities.
Several weeks to months after surgery: Gradually, you’ll be able to start more strenuous activities and exercises. The final shape and feel of your abdomen will settle over time. It’s important to realize that it can take several months for swelling to completely subside and up to a year (or more) for the scar to fade.
How much does a tummy tuck cost in Westchester NY:
The cost of a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) can vary depending on a few factors. These include the complexity of the procedure, and whether other procedures (like liposuction) are performed at the same time.
the average surgeon’s fee for a tummy tuck was between $8,000 to $15,000. This doesn’t include other costs associated with the surgery, such as:
- Anesthesia fees
- Surgical facility costs
- Medical tests
- Post-surgery garments
- Prescriptions for medication
- Other related expenses
Remember, when choosing a plastic surgeon for a tummy tuck Westchester, that the surgeon’s experience and your comfort with him/her or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery. Dr Chang Soo Kim is a Yale grad, board-certified plastic surgeon who specializes in advanced surgical techniques with a high level of artistry.
How much weight can I lose after a Tummy Tuck Surgery?
A tummy tuck, or abdominoplasty, is not actually a weight loss surgery. Instead, it is a cosmetic procedure designed to remove excess skin and fat from the abdomen and tighten the muscles in the abdominal wall.
While it does involve the removal of some fat and skin, the weight of this tissue is usually not substantial enough to significantly affect a person’s overall body weight. It’s common for patients to lose a few pounds from the procedure, but this can vary based on the individual and the extent of the surgery.
The primary goal of a tummy tuck is to improve the contour and appearance of the abdomen, rather than to achieve significant weight loss. It’s typically recommended for individuals who are already at or near their ideal body weight but have excess skin, fat, or loose abdominal muscles that haven’t responded to diet and exercise.